Castle Methodist Church
In the early 1970’s the area of Northwich known as Castle was redeveloped by the local council and the old Zion Street Methodist Church was demolished to make way for more houses and a new church was built across the road from where the old church had originally stood.
So, on January 22nd 1972 the new Castle Methodist Church opened its doors to the people of Castle.
It was designed as a multi purpose building and although used for Sunday services, baptisms, weddings and funerals etc. the chairs in the main body of the church can be removed so that social events can be held there too.
In 1981 a school room was added to the building for the use of smaller social events.
Northwich United Reformed Church
The former Northwich United Reformed Church was at the top of Castle Hill and started its life in 1881 when land was donated by Lord Tollemache and the Congregational Church was built.
It was amazing that the Church was built in 364 days.
Its first service was on 26th July 1882 and a large hall was built and completed in 1893.
Several years ago the United Reformed Church had to close its doors and their congregation started to use the Methodist building.
We are now one Church Together
In June 2014 our Churches became a Local Ecumenical Partnership and changed its name to Castle Community Church.
We are now one Church together.